General Division

Personal Compensation Stream

Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation
Contact  |  Accessibility  |  Disclaimer

Do I need a lawyer or other representative?

Some matters are relatively simple and many people do not feel that they require legal representation at a hearing or a conference.

Other matters may involve confusing and/or complex medical and legal issues in those instances many prefer to retain the services of a lawyer.

WorkSafe Tasmania can assist with general enquiries in relation to the Act and the Tribunal can assist with procedures relating to claims which have been disputed.  Neither of these bodies can give legal advice.

The Law Society of Tasmania can provide a list of legal firms who have practitioners experienced in dealing with workers compensation matters.